In the Lilt of Irish Laughter

 You can hear the angels sing.

I woke up this morning with a miniature leprechaun hat on my head. This is how the Irish greet the morning of St. Patty's Day; with groggy mumblings of jubilation & tiny plastic green hats.

So this morning I must say slainte to you all. Pronounced slaunch-ah (ugh I suck at phonetics) it's an Irish toast meaning "salud". To commence your celebrations I wanted to pay homage to my favorite Irish leading lady, Katharine Hepburn. Classic beauty, grace & strength, in my mind she epitomizes Irish femininity.

So enjoy your corned beef (YUM) & your beer. As for me I'll be drinking some Connemara on the rocks & watching The Quiet Man which I suggest your try out too. John Wayne & Maureen O'Hara in the story of an Irish-American boxer who returns to Ireland and falls for a feisty Irish lass. It's sweet & I watch it every St. Patty's Day that falls during the work-week. :)
Thanks Everything Fabulous for the awesome shamrock beer image.

4 comments:

Gorgeous Glam | March 17, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Katie is one of my favs as well, have you read her autobiography? It's a must. She and Spence were good friends of my fav Lauren Bacall and Bogie! Happy St. Patty's Day! xxoxo

Anonymous | March 17, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Jessica | March 17, 2010 at 1:20 PM

I watch that every year too! Love it! Ireland is SO beautiful!

Vintage Obsession | March 18, 2010 at 10:02 AM

The pictures transform into a different era and such serene expressions!!

Post a Comment

If you like my blog-ey, and you think it's sex-y, come on sugar let me know