Supercool: Legends of La Cienega

So as Senor Bf (the bf that is) can tell you, my home decor can get a little theatrical. A staged seating arrangement here, a useless-but-fabulous knick-knack there. Throw in some sparkle and fur and you've essentially got my design mantra down pat.
Do I care that I basically live in an enormous "1 bedroom" studio and should probably be thrifty with my use of space?
Nope, I love to fill it with wonderfully impractical items.
So when I was reading Elle Decor online and saw Legends of La Cienega
where designers and set decorators create awesome movie themed window displays
I knew I would find decadence and creativity that would speak
to my rhinestone encrusted heart.
Did I mention I love movies too?
Inspired by Goldfinger 1964.

Inspired by Dr. Zhivago 1965
Inspired by Breakfast at Tiffany's 1961
Inspired by To Catch a Thief 1955
Inspired by The Maltese Falcon 1941
Inspired by The Hangover 2009
Inspired by A Single Man 2009

Isn't this so cool? I wish I could have been there to see all this in person. . .


5 comments:

Gorgeous Glam | June 16, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Very cool, I'm always intrigued by the designs of a set in a movie. Like what's on her vanity or in her bathroom type of things. hugs

Anonymous | June 16, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Very cool!

Eli | June 16, 2010 at 2:04 PM

ooooh love this! I wish I could just redo everything in my house!

Unknown | June 17, 2010 at 9:46 AM

These are INSANELY cool, I think you and I have the exact same style, I would love to see some pics of your apartment! Thank you sooo much for the egg link, that is insane! "Where do you live?" "Last egg on the left." LOL, I crack myself up! XO!

BardotBlue | June 20, 2010 at 5:02 PM

love the tifanny's inspiration!!! beautiful decor :-D I have been meaning to email you but this week has been madness! we will catch up this week..

xoxo BinB

Post a Comment

If you like my blog-ey, and you think it's sex-y, come on sugar let me know