New Ralph Lauren Home Collection: The Heiress


When I read this description for Ralph Lauren Home's new collection I thought dear god, they know me.
They really know me! I was swept up in a whirlwind of terms. Old World, history, bohemian romance. Eclectic & gently disheveled. Sweet Jesus! I'm already a devoted member of the Church of R. Lauren and this description only instilled further belief in him.
Thanks Haute Design for all of these images!

Well let me tell you, the collection is pure glamor. It might actually be a little too glamorous for me, I think.
It's elegance embodied. As if Jackie O. transformed into a home furnishing collection. Which is to say that it is flawless but just a little too mature for my taste. In other words this has caused me a slight crisis of faith.

I need more flair, a strange statue of an animal, an odd drawing of a penis something profane. But I guess those things aren't really Ralph are they? This is a little too much like they pulled out their "Old World Calculator" and added the obligatory dark wood, crystal and gold accents, rich fabrics. etc.It sounds like I don't like it. lol I do! Just not as much as I thought I would  
So like some classical painting, I'll stare, I'll appreciate, but it ain't coming home with me--well at least not all of it. lol

4 comments:

Gorgeous Glam | September 1, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Girl I almost fell over looking at these pics! That vanity omg! That bed, endless beauty here! wowza! Thanks for sharing it's absolutely stunning, but of courszze! hugs

Anonymous | September 1, 2010 at 5:47 PM

So beautiful!

Jennie B | September 2, 2010 at 6:22 AM

Now this is right up my ally. Holy cannoli! Talk about project build-a-home...Ralph just did it for me.

Jen | September 2, 2010 at 8:22 AM

Look at that bedroom in the first picture... STUNNING!! If that was my bedroom, I'd never step foot out of it! ;-)

Post a Comment

If you like my blog-ey, and you think it's sex-y, come on sugar let me know