Sometimes, on Your Birthday. . .



you feel a little sad.
Because you can't believe that another year has already passed.
It feels like just yesterday you were heading out into the world
Completely carefree
Ah so much has changed.
Maybe I'm just an old soul.
but I'm finding that I find many days to be much more exciting than my birthday

Which my childhood self would find impossible to believe.

But then I get something small in the mail.
That traveled from a long ways away.
A little drawing of a big fat cat. He looks familiar. Maybe an old acquaintance?
A twisted note, that only a friend would find sweet
and I think that maybe I'm not so old after all.
Maybe birthdays are still worth celebrating. 

Did I mention I recently turned 24?

3 comments:

Jennie B | November 18, 2010 at 6:19 AM

Aw I love this - love getting little happies in the mail! *And a very Happy {belated} Birthday to you! :)

juliebean | November 18, 2010 at 7:05 AM

Awwww, it looks so much better on your site! I hope you get yo deliciously caffeinated drank on!

Gorgeous Glam | November 19, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Happy birthday doll! Hope it's filled with lots and lots of blessings and smiles ;) Haven't heard from you in a while, guess you are buys with your class! hugs !

Post a Comment

If you like my blog-ey, and you think it's sex-y, come on sugar let me know