An Homage to the Great Pumpkin King

Again, I shall harp on the changing of the seasons.  I have come to realize that I really love fall.  It's chilly but still sunny (at least in California).  It smells nice like fresh air and wet leaves.  Basically, it's awesome.  So I have been celebrating the only way I know how, by eating and drinking!

I decided to try out this recipe courtesy of Yumsugar.com (and yes I am obsessed) for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.  The result: amazing!  One coworker even told me I should start a side-business making cookies.  Another called me Rachel la Galletera (roughly translated, Rachel the Cookie-teer).  So mission accomplished.   Please try making these, they are so good.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp clove
pinch of ground ginger
1/ 2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, room temperature
15 oz can of pure pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 cups chocolate chips ( I used dark chocolate chunks. What can I say, I'm indulgent)


  1. Preheat oven to 375F.
  2. Sift together (or whisk in small bowl) flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and ginger together and set aside.


         3.  Beat butter, brown sugar and sugar together in a large mixer bowl.
         4.  Add pumpkin and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
         5.  Add egg and beat well until fully incorporated.
         6.  Gradually (I do it in 3 batches) beat in flour mixture.
         7.  Stir in chocolate chips.

 

           8.  Drop rounded spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet
           9.  Bake for 13-15 minutes until edges start to brown.

 

                                                                                               Serve with Irish Cocoa and enjoy!

                                                                                                   

1 comments:

stephanie Toole | October 10, 2009 at 8:50 PM

I love it.. i wish i could try them now.. live closer..
Oh if only you could smell through the internet..
I am going to attempt pumpkin pasta and pumpkin soup.. so beware.. oh and I will have other pumpkin pics on my blog soon.. bet you cant wait..

Post a Comment

If you like my blog-ey, and you think it's sex-y, come on sugar let me know