Drink of the Week

When I said drink of the week, I meant drink of the century. I may or may not explore other drinks on this site, but I promise I will continue to refer to this one.  It is. . . .the coconut. . . mojito. AKA Cocojito.
I discovered this little ditty at the Blue Agave in Santa Barbara where I celebrated my college graduation.  They do say that as one door closes, another opens.  So my eyes were opened wide when I took the first sip of this heavenly concoction. 
My boyfriend said to me this weekend, as I sucked down the last little lingering droplets, "Why must that drink be so good?!"
I said, "What do you mean"
He raised his pinkie. 
"What, the glass is too big & it hurts your pinkies to hold it?"
"No" Eye roll
"Then what?"
"I love it, but I can never order it because its too girly"
I proceeded to laugh as I hoarded this effeminate yummy-ness to myself
It's so good, it needs a disguise when it goes out in public.
It's so good, it's rumored that it's the lovechild of Chuck Norris & Chiquita Banana.
Like the Dos Equis guy, it lives vicariously through itself.
Please try making it. Or if you just can't wait, head over to your local bar & order it.
I promise you it will change your life.
It has for every person it's met on Eharmony.

8 comments:

stephanie Toole | April 26, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Love.. I remember spending a night trying to make these with some weird syrup.. but we eventually got it right.. =)

Anonymous | April 26, 2010 at 8:19 PM

The name is very fun to say haha.

Daydream Believer | April 27, 2010 at 5:32 AM

Ooh! I love mojitos! I'm gonna give this one a try!

Anonymous | April 27, 2010 at 5:56 AM

oh, i would LOVE a cocojito right now! (yes, its 9am!) they are so perfectly summmmmmmer! and delicious..love the pic :)

Jessica | April 27, 2010 at 8:07 AM

hahaha the love child of chuck norris and chiquita banannas...it has to be good then! Im on it!

Anonymous | April 28, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog and say hello on my special SITS day.

Love your blog. Will be back when I have more time.

Gorgeous Glam | April 29, 2010 at 4:49 PM

We miss ya missy! xoxo

Laura Loo | April 29, 2010 at 9:34 PM

You're hilarious!!

dannng that sounds so good, i want!!!

Post a Comment

If you like my blog-ey, and you think it's sex-y, come on sugar let me know