Lipstick Dreams: A Mirrored Menu Board

So as you may already know, I love a good dinner party.
I throw them all the time.
In my head.
or with my stuffed animals.
You know how I do. lol But in reality I wish I could have more little soirees.
It's tough. I'm at this point in my early twenties where
we all still carry those not-so-far-gone memories of raging &
pounding tequila shots with Natty Lites (the SB version of Bud if you don't already know its sweetness)
but that's just not my lifestyle anymore.  Yet at the same time I don't quite fit in with the 30-50 somethings I work with or at the cheese & wine shops I frequent.
So alas here I lie on my little blog playing out my fantasies & living vicariously through yours lol

Anyway on to my point. I have been obsessed (as I know many of you have) with all things chalkboard.
More specifically chalkboard paint & framed chalkboard menu boards.
My kitchen is an ode to a french cafe.
But recently the idea sprung into my head (with a little help from Miles of Style)
to just buy a gorgeously framed mirror
& use that to display my weekly menus.
Something like this perhaps?
Source
While using dry erase markers is not as satisfying
as smearing words in lipstick.
It is more efficient.
So next on my list is: Mirror + dry erase markers.
I hear there is also chalk paint of some sort at craft stores
Used for writing those big shiny numbers on used car windows
to denote they are for sale. Those could work too :)
Whichever you choose, it's all so easy.
Which is what I'm all about.

3 comments:

Anonymous | July 29, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Great idea :)

Gorgeous Glam | July 29, 2010 at 4:13 PM

how glamorous! I love this idea!
Okay, I've been bad I need to get going on this book thingy. I'll hit up the book store this weekend. hugs

The Simply Luxurious Life | July 29, 2010 at 7:03 PM

I love this idea! Not only will it inform the customers, but it catches their eye.

By the way, thanks for sharing how you came to walking so much. I'm with you, I don't enjoy going to a gym and it always amazes me how walking is just as effective if done regularly. Keep up the great work!

Post a Comment

If you like my blog-ey, and you think it's sex-y, come on sugar let me know