Rug Love. Ikea Who Knew?



When I think of Ikea I think of a lot of things. Swedish Meatballs. Soft serve ice cream Vast expanses filled with basic shapes.
Bright colors & reasonable prices. And of course the random smattering of people's children running the halls.
What I do not think of when I hear the word Ikea, is glamor.
So imagine my surprise when City Sage opened my eyes to the elegant possibilities of an Ikea rug.

It must be fated because I, folks, am in dire need of a rug.
And my color scheme is black and white.
And I operate on a shoestring budget.
Like I said. Kismet.
My current rug, she's on her last leg. She's had a short but busy life making her way from a Homegoods store in Los Angeles up to my apartment in Santa Barbara. She's beautiful, but from the beginning she was a fragile soul. 
You see she sheds everywhere.It wasn't just a phase. And for that I hate her.lol
So farewell dear nuisance rug & hello to such wonderfully chic possibilities. . .


5 comments:

Anonymous | July 28, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Nice! I wish we had an Ikea around here!

Unknown | July 28, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Really chic! Who knew (and this is one reason I love you, Rachel, the first thing you think about when you think of Ikea is swedish meatballs and ice cream)! I will have to check this out, rugs are freakin' expensive! XO!

Tamanna A. Shaikh | July 28, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Wow Rachel! I love the stripey Ikea rugs. And Ilove your description of the post! :)

Pretty pretty blog. Definitely following you for more design inspiration!

Aileen Kim | July 28, 2010 at 10:13 PM

lovely! I cant wait to see your new rug and how you would redecorate around it. Black and white is such a beautiful palette!

Unknown | July 29, 2010 at 5:12 AM

Hey there, I forgot to say, I do have Twitter, it's @shariknight.
Also, do you want to be friends on FB?

Post a Comment

If you like my blog-ey, and you think it's sex-y, come on sugar let me know