A Bucket of Blueberries


If you want to find some simple goodness
look no further than a bucket of blueberries
hand-picked 
on a Sunday afternoon in Santa Barbara
So sweet.
And the picking process, it satisfies some ancient
hunter-gatherer urge
to, well, hunt & gather! lol
The bf & I are quite the competitors. 
So it became a little game of 
who could find the "big daddy" blueberries lol
Other farm guests probably wondered what was going on 
when they heard people yelling
"oh yeah that's a big daddy there!"
Not something often uttered among fields of berries :)
The icing on the cake was the little goats
just relaxing in the shade.
I should have joined them there
since I got a little burnt! lol
Hope you had a great weekend
& check out a "U-pick" in your area

6 comments:

stephanie Toole | August 15, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Ummm.. hilarious.. The babe and I have been eating blueberries all weekend.. they are sooo yummy!

Anonymous | August 15, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Too funny :) Sounds like fun!

o | August 16, 2010 at 12:16 AM

oh wow, this looks like so much fun! i love blueberries! sounds like u had a fun weekend:) thanks again for ur comment on my blog. ure so lucky to live out there in santa barbara! i love visiting the area and yes, u guys have awesome weather!:)

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Anonymous | August 16, 2010 at 4:27 PM

you know what? i want to love blueberries SO BAD. i just cant! ive tried! they just arent my berry of choice. i prefer the red ones. any kind will do :)

and i'm not sure what the bf did to the lighting fixture for the chandelier.... there were some curse words, then some batting of my eyelashes, then a sigh and next thing i knew it was all algow :)

Caroline | August 16, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Love love U-picks!! I have spent the past two weekends picking berries!! Love the photos! xo

Laura Loo | September 7, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Haha. How fun! I have been all into the blackberries...I don't even have to visit a you-pick (though those are fun) because we have loads of blackberries on our property and in the Christmas tree farm behind our property!! We've had more than we know what to do with. Cobbler, Pie, Ice Cream, oooh I've been a busy girl. I ate I think an entire quart myself yesterday on a picnic at the beach. and oh my gosh, I know what you mean about stained fingers! Mine were purple for days!!! If you want to do blackberries just come visit me in Oregon, free and we even have sheep hanging out for ambiance! Lol

Post a Comment

If you like my blog-ey, and you think it's sex-y, come on sugar let me know