A Little Sweetness

Apparently there is a tariff to be paid 
for delicious, organic, hand picked blueberries.
In this case the price was my skin.
Yes, yesterday was a day of reds whites & blues.
My red & white skin offset the bluest of blueberries.
But tonight was the sweetest revenge
as I enjoyed fresh blueberry compote
the fruit of all my labor.
The perfect ice cream topping.
So delicious.

Ingredients

  • 2 cups frozen blueberries
  • 3 tablespoons water
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice

Directions

Combine 1 cup of the blueberries, water, sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Cook over a medium heat for about 10 minutes. Add the rest of the blueberries and cook for 8 minutes more, stirring frequently. Serve warm. 

Thank you Foodnetwork. You made my blueberries really special!


2 comments:

Shannon | August 17, 2010 at 7:38 AM

That looks DELICIOUS! I love blueberries, they've been so great this summer.

Gorgeous Glam | August 17, 2010 at 12:30 PM

wow this looks so wonderful! thanks for the tapas suggestions, ends up that I didn't make it to any eateries! Just wine! Next time for sure though I want to hit up Milk and honey!

Post a Comment

If you like my blog-ey, and you think it's sex-y, come on sugar let me know